Sunday, January 29, 2012

8 miles

I planned to run 7 miles today.  I had a destination in mind, and my mapping indicated that there and back was a bit more than 7 miles.  I gave myself permission to stop and walk the rest of the way once I reached 7 miles.

The run went well.  I started off feeling not so great, but once I made it out to the first major big road, all was well.  I downloaded some learn to speak Spanish podcasts to listen to, just to give me some variety on my running playlist.  I also did a new playlist of music.  A lot of the same stuff as the old one, but I included only really uptempo songs.

On the way back, I realized that the route was much closer to a bit over 8 miles, than a bit over 7.  I still felt good when 7 miles came around, and I didn't really want to walk the rest of the way home, so I kept running.  Around 7 1/2 miles, I was ready to be done, but I had already said in my head I would go 8, and so I did.

I'll do 8 again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment