Saturday, March 17, 2012

One week until the half-marathon

The Dallas Rock-n-roll half marathon is next weekend!  I am really not ready.  I went for my long run this morning, aiming to do at least ten miles, and hoping to go twelve.  I made it just under 4.  My knee is giving me problems, and I was not wearing the right clothes.  Today was actually the first warm day I've been running this year, and I wore some running shorts that I haven't worn since before I was pregnant with the fat little rabbit.  Big mistake.  The skin on the inside of my thighs is so very chaffed, it isn't funny.  So I wimped out, and came home.  After the kids are in bed tonight, I'll go out again, and do another 4 miles, then try to fit in 4 more tomorrow.  I think for the race next weekend, I'll plan on doing a run 4 miles, walk 2-3 minutes, run again sort of thing.  I really need to find a way to fit in runs in the middle of the week, or get over my hatred for the elliptical.  Training just by doing long runs on the weekend clearly is not sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment