Thursday, March 8, 2012

Countdown to half marathon

I received a registration confirmation sheet in my e-mail yesterday for the Dallas Rock-n-Roll half marathon.  I'm getting excited, but worried too!  When I signed us up, I thought I'd have enough time to train to try to get to a 10 min/mile pace.  Yes, I am slow, and 10 min/mile is pretty fast for me!  I wanted to have a decent chance of being able to keep up with my husband though.  I haven't been training as much as I should though, so seeing the expected finish time of 2:10 gave me a big laugh yesterday.  I can start off with that pace, but I doubt I'll even tie my time in my first half marathon.  My husband tore his quad muscle playing adult rec soccer last weekend, so he's not sure he'll be able to run at all.  I'm still glad I signed up for this one, and will enjoy the race, even if I have to walk part of it!

A trampoline park opened sort of near us, and has fitness classes on Wednesday nights for $10.  Kids under 7 can jump for free during the class, so I think I am going to start going.  May be a nice fun way to sneak some exercise in during the week.  Oh, who am I kidding.  I just think it looks fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment