Monday, February 6, 2012

4 miles and french toast

I intended to run 8-9 miles this weekend, but it didn't happen.  The run started off poorly as I was cold and hadn't waited long enough after eating breakfast.  About a mile and a half into the run, a woman with two big, poorly controlled dogs came up quickly behind me, and when I ran off the path to get out of their way, my knee twisted a bit.  I ran on a ways to see if it would work itself out, but it was still hurting.  I decided to head home, but I took a wrong turn!  I ended up doing just over 4 miles.  Once I got home, I did the elliptical for another twenty minutes.

During my wrong turn, I was amused by the placement of these light posts:


I suppose it is nice that the city added the extra pavement around the post so those with strollers or in wheelchairs have a fighting chance to get past it.  I'm just glad I didn't run right into one.  I run in a park near our house a lot of the time, and was running there this weekend.  There are a few areas where the path is a bridge over the pods or marshy areas.  One of the bridges partially collapsed, and the bridge is closed.  I didn't notice the big barrier and yellow tape until I was almost on top of it.  Clearly, I need to work on my situational awareness while out running.

I tried making baked french toast again.  The toast was only so-so.  It was too dry.  I think I needed to soak it a lot longer.  I also made a peach-raspberry sauce.  The sauce was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment