Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Shut-up, Runkeeper!

So I actually like the Runkeeper app very much.  It gives me the freedom to sort of make up my routes as I go along, and I like the periodic updates on pace and distance.  Last night when I went for my run, it would not shut-up though!  The first 40 seconds or so of my run were constant updates from the app voice.  I couldn't figure out how to adjust the settings while running and trying to avoid others on the sidewalk at the same time, so I stopped to reset it.  Highly annoying.  The second time, it didn't do it constantly, but did pipe up with some extraneous reports on my distance and pace.

I had it set up last night to give updates on both time and distance.   I set the updates to tell me every 5 minutes, as well as every half of a mile.  I actually didn't mean to do this, I meant to just change the pace from average to current.  It worked out well for me though.  My next running goal is a speed goal, rather than distance.  I want to do a 5k in under 30 minutes.  Having the updates at every 5 minutes, as well as every half mile amused me, because my current pace at the every half mile was around a minute faster than the pace reported at the 5 minute mark just a few minutes earlier.  I guess I needed the reminder to pick it up some.

No comments:

Post a Comment